This is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s cookbook “It’s all good”. This is absolutely delicious! It’s amazing how much a yummy sauce can turn leaves into delicious food. This is a great compliment to Fish Roasted in Salt Thai Style
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (like canola, grapeseed of safflower oil)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 teaspoons finely minced frsh ginger
- 1lb asian greens (tatsoi, bok choy etc) roughly chopped or left whole
- A pinch of coarse sea salt
Whisk together the water, soy sauce and fish sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan over high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook just until they begin to sizzle. tilting the pan so the aromatics and the oil get a little bath, all in all just about 30 seconds. Immediately add the greens along with the pinch of salt to the pan and stir to coat the greens with the garlic and ginger. Add the reserved soy sauce mixture and cook just until the greens begin to wilt, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.