Time: 7 minutes
Area worked: Legs
Equipment needed: None
Although this is only 3 different moves it does hurt!
The Pretzel Butt Lift
1. Kneel on your hands and knees. The working leg knee will bend behind the supporting leg crossed behind like a “pretzel”.
2. Extend the leg straight out to an arabesque reaching high toward the ceiling (the leg is straight with the toe pointing away from the body, reaching directly behind the body high above the hip level)
3. Return to starting position. Do about 40 reps.
The Attitude Kick
1. Kneel on your knees and rest on your elbows with arms crossed in front of the body and head down.
2. The working leg will start in an “attitude position” (bent at the knee with knee turned out and foot angled in) at hip height directly behind the body. Lift the leg higher so that the knee is above hip level, then extend to a straight leg arabesque.
3. This is done at a quick pace to feel like a “kick out”. Do 40 reps.
The Double Leg Lift
1. Kneel on hands and knees. The supporting side leg will lift out to the side with a bent knee (“parallel side attitude”). Lower to starting position, then the working leg will extend to a straight back arabesque. Return to start. Continue with this pattern and do 40 reps.
Read the full article here