This is another Perricone friendly recipe, it’s really easy to make and really delicious.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots (may substitute red onion)
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon drained capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest- use organic only or omit from recipe
- 24oz wild salmon fillets (skinless if available)
- 1lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 232 C. Briskly stir first 6 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Add sea salt and freshly ground back pepper to taste.
- Slice three 1/2 inch deep slits crosswise in top of salmon (as if dividing into 4 equal pieces but do not cut through).
- Arrange asparagus in even layer or rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and turn to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon atop asparagus; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until salmon is just opaque in centre , about 20 minutes.
- Transfer asparagus and salmon to platter. Spoon sauce over salmon. Cut into 4 pieces along slits, garnish with lemon and serve.