Another delicious Perricone recipe! I’m used to having lots of grilled salmon on Perricone so it’s great to have it in the form of a burger. Really yummy
Wasabi Salmon Burger
Salmon is great for your heart!
- 2 tablespoons reduced- sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Wasabi powder
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or raw agave syrup
- 12 oz Wild canned salmon
- 2 spring onions/scallions finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Whisk soy sauce, wasabi powder and honey in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Open and drain salmon. Transfer to a large bowl. Add spring onions, egg, ginger and oil; mix well to combine.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties. The mixture will be moist and loose, but holds together nicely once the first side is cooked.
- Coat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the patties and cook for 4 minutes. Turn and continue to cook until firm, about 3 minutes
- Spoon the reserved wasabi glaze evenly over the burgers and cook for 15 seconds more.
Lemon Garlic Asparagus Fries
These are low carb, easy to make and the asparagus and lemon juice are natural diuretics.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Parmesan
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat over to 232 degrees C
- Wash asparagus and trim ends
- Marinate asparagus in mixture of lemon juice, parmesan, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. You can do this overnight or for 30 minutes
- Lay asparagus on a tinfoil lined baking pan. Cook until slightly crispy,