This is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s “It’s all good” cookbook and is suitable for vegans and those on the elimination diet (if you minus the honey).
I was really excited about trying this smoothie as it gave me an opportunity to try out some new ingredients AND it has cacao in it which is almost chocolate! I made the elimination diet version (minus honey) and it was pretty sour and nasty! So I added the honey and it tasted a lot better. It’s not the nicest smoothie in the world but is drinkable with honey although I probably won’t be having it again as drinking honey isn’t the healthiest thing in the world. But Gwyneth seemed to really enjoy it so you might too!
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 cup fresh coconut water
- 1 cup cold unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 heaped tablespoon ground hempseeds
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (don’t use if you’re on the elimination diet)
Blend everything until smooth then drink.