I just had this salad for dinner and it was absolutely gorgeous! The dressing was insanely lovely and I can’t wait to have it again 🙂 This recipe is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s It’s all good.
- 4 large bok choy leaves, bottoms discarded, stems cut on the bias into 1/4 inch pieces and leaves shredded
- 4 big leaves Napa cabbage shredded
- 1 bunch of watercress roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into match sticks
- leaves from about 8 sprigs each of basil, mint and coriander roughly chopped
- 1/2 small cucumber thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 red thai chili
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted peanuts or cashews
- Vietnamese dressing.
Toss the bok choy, cabbage, watercress carrot, herbs, cucumber chili and 1/4 of the nuts together with enough dressing to coat. Serve sprinkled with the remaining nuts.
Makes 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or xylitol
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion or shallot.
Mix everything together keeps well in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.