For a breakdown of my workout click here
Day 42 I had one of those days where things just didn’t go right, I didn’t eat for ages so my blood sugar was all over the place and I wasn’t as healthy as I would’ve liked to have been and I just couldn’t get in the right head space for exercise. I did the warm up from Perfect design 2, managed my 10 min rebounding, did about 12 minutes of dance cardio step touching before I couldn’t face anymore and my knee was really hurting so then I just did net a porter sculpted shoulder and long island.
Day 43 Much better! Ok so basically my approach for ages has been focus on exercise and don’t worry too much about what I eat- I am pretty healthy and don’t eat a lot of rubbish. I used to obsessively diet for years and I’m so glad to be over that and just be able to relax and enjoy what I eat and eat when I’m hungry and not be consumed with thinking about food and then massively rebelling and over eating, it was just a horrible cycle to be in. Tracy has always been a big advocate of eat whatever you want but make sure you exercise. Annoyingly with just exercising I haven’t got to physically where I want to be, if I push myself and manage a full hour of proper cardio without stopping I do see results but it’s so rare that I’m able to do that due to shin splints, knee pain, lack of commitment, staying motivated etc so I’m reverting back to the last eating plan that I did that actually gave me results and was easy enough to stick to. I am having 2 healthy meals and 2 juices/smoothies a day. The reason why I started the 2 juices/smoothies and 2 meals a day was from doing the juice master diet/detox and finding although I enjoyed the juices and there were some good benefits from it, living on just 6 juices a day was far too extreme for me so I thought a good compromise would be to do 2 carol vorderman detox meals a day and 2 juices, that way I would get the reduction in calories, the hunger beating powers of the juices/smoothies but I still would be able to eat. I have done the carol vorderman detox before but had 3 meals a day plus exercise and found that it hasn’t made a lot of difference to my weight, although the carol vorderman detox is definitely good for your health. I’m not purely sticking to the carol vorderman detox this time as I have loads of different cook books with yummy and healthy recipes that I want to try including Gwyneth Paltrow’s It’s All Good and lots of Perricone and Junger Clean recipes. So today was my first proper day of doing it, I ate:
- Fruits, honey, yogurt and gluten free cereal
- Lee’s Chopped vietnamese Salad
- Workout and recovery juice
- Orange juice
And I didn’t feel hungry at all! Exercise wise I did
- Warm up from Perfect Design 2
- Fitness report
- Sally Pressman [I made my fiance do the walking plank moves from this and he REALLY struggled! And it was only 12 reps each side! Makes me feel better about when I struggle- on much more difficult exercises!]
- 10 mins rebounding [Still really loving it!]
- 20 mins dance cardio step touching.
- Net a porter thighs
- Net a porter knees
- Net a porter sculpted shoulders
- Leg stretches and foam rolling.
- Rio facial toning [I really haven’t done this in a long time- mostly out of not being bothered, but I’m slightly concerned that this isn’t very good for my face, the electronic pulses do hurt and I’m not seeing much of a change. I am going to try to keep at it for 4 weeks and then judge the change if any at the end of that.
I just need to try to keep it up!