This is elimination diet and vegan friendly and is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s cook book “It’s all good“.
Makes 12 cups
- 1 large yellow onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots
- 1 stalk celery roughly chopped
- 1 large leek washed and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and hit with the side of a knife
- 3 sprigs of italian parsley
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs of fresh tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 quarts of water.
Put everything in a pot, bring to the boil and then lower and simmer for 45 minutes. Let the stock cool and strain into a container, throw away the solids. This will last for a week in the fridge or 6 months in the freezer.