I suffer from patello femoral joint pain which is caused by my knee caps not being in the right place (genetic) and having a weak glute. This means that I get shin and knee pain which is aggravated by doing certain exercises. My physiotherapist has given me the following exercises to complete daily to strengthen my inner thigh and glute:
Time: 19 minutes
Equipment needed: Exercise ball and a step
I need to remember to do them all SLOWLY
- Clam shells- 20 reps holding for 5 seconds each side
- Bridges with straight leg extension 2 sets of 10 on each side making sure my hands aren’t on the floor and focusing attention on my glutes.
- Wall squats with an exercise ball 3 sets of 15.
- Steps up on the stairs- 2 sets of 15. putting the weight on my heel and touching the step with my toe.
- Arabesque (yes it’s a Tracy word!) with a twist- 2 sets of 10 on each side.
- I still need to self massage and use my foam roller
- Continue stretching and change my shin stretches so I’m not putting too much weight on my knees, also to keep my hip flexor stretches are no more then 90 degrees.
- Do slump stretches which work the calves 3 sets of 10 seconds on each side.