I suffer from patello femoral joint pain which is caused by my knee caps not being in the right place (genetic) and having a weak glute. This means that I get shin and knee pain which is aggravated by doing certain exercises. My physiotherapist has given me the following exercises to complete daily to strengthen my inner thigh and glute:
Time: 13 minutes
Equipment needed: Exercise ball and a rebounder
I need to remember to do them all SLOWLY
- Jane Fondas- Engage glutes and lift 2 sets of 20 reps.
- Bridges with single leg lowering 2 sets of 10 making sure my hands aren’t on the floor and focusing attention on my glutes.
- Wall squats with an exercise ball 3 sets of 15
- Mini jumps. Feet shoulder distance apart, jump and control my landing as if I was jumping on bubble wrap. Land on the ball of my foot and then onto the middle. 2 sets of 10 reps of the following: mini jumps on the spot, jumping forward and backwards, jumping from side to side and jumping from both legs to one.
- On the mini trampoline jump and land on one leg 3 set of 10 reps on each side.
- Slump stretches which work the calves 3 sets of 10 seconds on each side.
- Calf stretches. Do 2 sets of 20 3 times a day.