This fruit salad recipe is super delicious and tastes more like a dessert then a bowl of fruit and the mint gives it an interesting taste. The cantaloupe is rich in betacarotene which is an antioxidant linked to a reduced risk of cancer and heart disease. The strawberries and lime juice are rich in vitamin C which is another antioxidant with proven health benefits. This recipe is vegan and detox friendly and is from Carol Vorderman’s Detox Recipes cookbook.
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons of acacia honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 cantaloupe melon halved and seeded
- 350g strawberries, hulled and halved
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 125g seedless grapes
Whisk lime juice and zest, honey and mint in a large bowl to blend.
Using a melon baller or spoon scoop out the cantaloupe.
Add all the fruit to the honey syrup in the bowl. Toss to combine. Let it stand for 15 minutes to allow the flavours to blend. Cover and chill until you are ready to serve.