This dish is super easy to make, cheap, healthy and delicious! The recipe is vegan and detox friendly and is packed with powerful antioxidants: vitamin C from the peppers, nasuin from the aubergines and quercetin in the onions. I like to have this whenever I’m depleted as it gives me a good dose of different vegetables. The recipe is from Carol Vorderman’s book Summer Detox.
Recipe makes 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- red, yellow and green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large courgettes
- 1 large aubergine, diced
- 700g tomatoes, skinned and chopped (or use 2X 400g tinned tomatoes)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions and peppers and cook gentle for 5 minutes.
Add the garlic, courgettes, aubergines and tomatoes. Stir then cover and cook over a low heat for 20-25 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Serve hot or cold.