This is really good! It’s fresh, tasty and the noodles feel like “clean carbs”- they don’t leave you with that dirty groggy feeling afterwards that you get with bread, pasta etc. I felt nice and healthy and satisfied after eating this. This recipe is from Alejandro Junger’s cookbook “Clean Eats“, it’s vegan and if you cut out the tomatoes it’s also elimination diet friendly.
- 1 pack king soba rice noodles (don’t worry if you just have normal soba noodles)
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans minus the ends
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup pitted olives
- 8-10 torn fresh basil leaves
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packaging then run them under cold water and drain them well. Toss the noodles with the olive oil.
While the noodles are cooking, bring 4 cups of salted water to the boil. Have a bowl of ice water ready. Blanch the green beans in the boiling water until they are tender and bright green, then remove them from the hot water and put them in the ice water. Drain and cut into thirds.
Stir the beans, tomatoes, olives, basil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in the bowl of noodles. Season and serve.