This is a really nice healthy and satisfying dish and I really like the zingy dressing. This recipe wheat free, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free and is from Carol Vorderman‘s Summer Detox and is suitable vegans, vegetarians and those following Perricone.
Makes 4 servings
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 225g quinoa
- 175g broad beans
- 125g baby carrots topped and trimmed
- 125g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 4 small courgettes, halved
- 30g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 3 tablespoons 45ml extra virgin olive oil
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint and coriander chopped
Bring the vegetable stock to the boil in a large saucepan, add the quinoa, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the grains are tender and the stock has been absorbed. Or cook the quinoa Gwyneth style.
Steam the broad beans, carrots, sugar snap peas and courgettes over boiling water for 4-5 minutes until tender then drain.
Make the dressing by putting the olive oil, lemon zest and juice and herbs in a screw top gar and shake to combine the ingredients.
Mix the vegetables together in a pan, add the dressing and toss until the vegetables are well coated.
Spoon the vegetables on top of the quinoa, scatter over the toasted pine nuts and serve.