This recipe is delish! Light, zingy and clean taste, it’s really yummy, moreish and healthy! This recipe is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s cookbook “It’s All Good” and it’s suitable for vegans and vegetarians if you swap the fish sauce for a pinch of salt. It’s wheat free, sugar free and suitable for those following the elimination diet.
Makes 2 cups
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded romaine
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 2 spring onions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped coriander
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Whisk the olive oil, lime juice and fish sauce in a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and allow the slaw to sit for at least 10 minutes but no longer than 6 hours before serving.