This is a wetter quinoa recipe then the others I’ve tried. It’s really fresh and tasty and healthy- it feels like it’s doing your system some good. This recipe is suitable for vegetarians, vegans and those following the elimination diet. It’s also wheat free, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free. This is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s cookbook “It’s all good”
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups perfectly cooked quinoa
- 3 spring onions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
Preheat the oven to 200C. Toss the squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt on a baking tray and roast until soft- approx 15 minutes.
Meanwhile whisk the lemon juice with 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large mixing bowl along with a big pinch of salt. While the squash is still warm toss it into the dressing bowl along with the quinoa, spring onion and parsley.