Another yummy salad from Gwyneth! I love the creamy dressing and the salad has lots of nice textures from the crispy lettuce to the creamy avocado and yummy corn and beans. The corn and the beans make the salad a bit more satisfying too. This recipe is wheat free, gluten free, dairy free and suitable for vegetarians and vegans. This is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s “It’s All Good“.
- 2 fresh ears of corn, shucked
- 2 hearts of romaine, finely shredded
- Mexican Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans (half a drained and rinsed 14oz can)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 4 spring onions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped coriander
Steam or grill the corn until it’s cooked through. When it’s cool enough to handle slice the kernels off the cobs and set them aside.
Put the lettuce in a large bowl and dress it with 1/4 cup of the dressing so it has a light coating. Divide the lettuce among 4 plates or place it on a large platter. Over the lettuce, evenly scatter the beans, tomatoes, spring onions, avocado, coriander and reserved corn. Drizzle with another tablespoon or 2 of the dressing and serve immediately.