This is seriously yummy, really delicious, warm, liquidy fruit and lovely crunchy crumble. It smells amazing and it actually feels quite light as well- probably because it doesn’t contain any gluten. It’s all about the taste. This is amazing comfort food and incredibly is guilt free! Now I’ve finished eating my bowl I do have one complaint- it tastes a bit too sugary, so I think I’ll use less maple syrup next time and see if that will perfect it.
This recipe is wheat free, gluten free and dairy free and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. This is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s “It’s All Good”
- 4 cups fruit (peeled and sliced stone fruit and berries work well)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (I will use less in the future)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almond meal (or grind 1/2 cup of blanched almond in a blender until powdery)
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- A pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or any dessert spice eg cardamom and clove with chopped pears)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 205 degrees C.
Put the fruit in a shallow baking dish with 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup and the lemon juice. Mix the almond meal, quinoa flakes, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add the 2 remaining tablespoons of maple syrup and the olive oil and mix until just combined. Crumble the mixture over the fruit and bake until the topping is browned and the fruit is bubbling which should be 20-25 minutes.