This isn’t that spicy (which is good) I love all the chunky vegetable and yummy filling and boosting beans. This is from Carol Voderman’s “Detox for Life” and is wheat free, gluten free, sugar free and dairy free and is suitable for vegetarians, vegans and those following a detox.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons water or vegetable stock
- pinch of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained
- 400g can cannelini beans, drained
- 500g mixed spiced vegetables (carrots, peppers, courgettes etc)
Saute the onion, garlic and chilli for 5 minutes in the water or vegetable stock.
Add the tomato puree and paprika and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the tinned tomatoes, beans and vegetables. Stir and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.