This is excellent! I love the flavours of the tuna, olives & capers and the pasta is lovely comforting and filling (without the wheat or gluten). This meal is wheat free, gluten free, fructose free, sugar free and dairy free and suitable for those following a thrush/candida diet. This recipe is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s “It’s All Good”
- 8oz brown rice pasta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup capers rinsed and dried on a paper towel
- 8 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced (skip the garlic if you’re on the thrush/candida diet)
- 12 anchovy fillets (I hate anchovies so I omitted this)
- Big pinch of red chilli flakes
- Small handful of pitted Kalamata olives, split in half
- 16oz olive oil packed tuna, oil drained.
- Juice of a lemon
- 1/2 cup of chopped Italian parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
Meanwhile heat 1/2 inch of olive oil in a small skillet set over a high heat and fry the capers, stirring a couple of times until really crispy, about 2 minutes.
Remove the capers from the hot oil and transfer them to a plate and set them aside.
Heat 1/3 cup of olive oil (you can use the caper oil) in a large heavy skillet over a medium/low heat. Add the garlic, anchovies and chilli flakes to the pan and cook stirring constantly until the anchovies have dissolved into the oil, the whole mixture is nice and fragrant and is softening and the garlic is just beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the olives and tuna to the pan and stir to break up the tuna and coat everything with the mix. Pour the lemon juice over the mixture and stir it until it all comes together and the tuna is warmed through and is beginning to go brown at the edges, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the reserved crispy capers and the parsley.