This tastes really fresh and lemony, it’s so delicious and nice and light (the breadcrumbs don’t make it heavy). It’s really smooth and easy to eat- heavenly! This was so good I went back for a second portion. This recipe is wheat free, gluten free, sugar free and dairy free and is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s cookbook “It’s All Good“.
- 1/2 cup plain gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 heaped tablespoon drained capers
- 1 heaped tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- A big pinch of coarse sea salt
- A few healthy grinds of black pepper
- Zest of 1/3 lemon
- 1 generous tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Four 6 oz fillets striped bass
- 4-8 high quality anchovy fillet it desired (I did not desire!)
Preheat the oven to 230 C, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, capers, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice and olive oil. The mixture should be the texture of wet sand. Add a bit more olive oil if needed.
Put the fish on the prepared baking sheet and top each fillet with 1/4 of the bread crumb miture. Drape an anchovy or 2 over each fillet if using. Roast the fish until it’s cooked through and the bread crumb is nicely browned- approximately 20 minutes.