This are really yummy, soft and comforting. They taste a bit dry in places but are moist at the base and this definitely isn’t too sweet, it tastes quite healthy. This recipe is wheat free, gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free and is suitable for vegans. This recipe is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s “It’s All Good”
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups & 1 tablespoon gluten free flour (if the flour doesn’t include xanthan gum add 1 teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 pitted and chopped cup dried dates (approximately 6 large dates)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pumpkin seeds, plus 3 tablespoons for the top of the muffins
Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a 23 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
Whisk the 2 cups of flour, the baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the bananas, olive oil maple syrup, almond milk and vanilla. Thoroughly combine the dry and wet ingredients. Toss the dates and the 1/4 cup of chopped pumpkin seeds with the extra tablespoon of flour and fold them into the batter with a rubber spatula. Evenly divide the batter among the muffin cups and sprinkle each muffin with a pinch of the extra pumpkin seeds.
Bake until the muffins are browned and a toothpick comes out clean- approximately 20 to 25 minutes.