This is ridiculously delicious, really lovely, flavoursome and satisfying, I was really worn out from being jet lagged and feeling unwell and this perked me right up. Heaven! This recipe is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s “It’s All Easy” and can be made in under 30 minutes.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 medium baguette (about 16 inches) split lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large handful of rocket
- 16oz good quality jarred or canned tuna in olive oil
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 8 anchovies roughly chopped (I HATE anchovies so omitted this)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon capers
- 24 pitted nicoise or kalamata olives, cut in half
- 16 oil packed sun dried tomatoes
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- Four 9 minute boiled eggs, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard on each half of the baguette, then layer in the remaining ingredients, starting with rocket at the bottom and finishing with the sliced eggs at the top. Season the eggs with salt and pepper and press firmly to compress the sandwich. This can be stored in a plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 24 hours.